Major Oak Heritage Services
Bullsbrook WA 6084
Send Joshua an email
Availability: all states
• In Progress Master of Applied Anthropology and Participatory Development – Australian National University
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Archaeology – University of Western Australia
• Bachelor of Arts in Archaeology and Classical/Ancient History – University of Western Australia
• Senior First Aid (up-to-date)
• 4WD Training
• C-Class Driver’s Licence (WA).
• Occupational Health and Safety Construction Induction (White Card).
Joshua is the Principal Consultant and Proprietor of Major Oak Heritage Services, established in 2018. Specialising in both Aboriginal and historic archaeology, Joshua is also skilled in photogrammetry processes, the production of high quality 3-D models.
Joshua is proficient in the conduct of archaeological surveys and assessments, excavation, analysis, reporting, salvage, government approvals, stakeholder consultation and the development and delivery of heritage education. He has worked closely and built strong relationships with Traditional Owner groups in the Pilbara and South West. Joshua has also worked on numerous historic archaeological projects including the Barrack St Jetty Project at Elizabeth Quay, Kings Square Renewal Project in Fremantle, Perth Girls Orphanage, New Western Australian Museum.
Joshua is skilled in developing and delivering heritage training and education to a wide range of audiences. He delivers school incursions for primary and secondary schools and promotes access to archaeological education for all schools. Incursions focus on educating students about archaeology; the value and importance of protecting heritage; and promoting the understanding of Australian Aboriginal culture from an archaeological perspective.
• Australian Archaeological Association (Member)
• Australasian Historical Society of Australia (Western Australia Representative)