Navin Officer Heritage Consultants Pty Ltd
KINGSTON ACT 2604
P: 02 6282 9415
F: 02 6282 9416
M: 0419 296 868
Send Kerry an email
BA (Hons), Australian National University
Full Member, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc.
President, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc. (1998-1999)
Member, Australian Archaeological Association Inc.
Member, Canberra Archaeological Society
Member, Australian Rock Art Research Association
I have been active within the Australian archaeological discipline for over 32 years and have worked in the field of consulting archaeology for over 30 years. In that time I have been involved in over 1500 projects.
I have a broad-based archaeological background and organisational skills supplemented by wide-ranging experience in Cultural Resource Management.
As a director of Navin Officer Heritage Consultants Pty Ltd I have carried out projects on behalf of Federal, State and ACT government departments, Shire
and City Councils, private developers and statutory authorities.
Projects have involved stakeholder consultation and liaison, archival research and recording, site survey, Aboriginal and historical test and salvage excavation, and detailed recording of Aboriginal rock art.
Projects have include Preliminary Heritage Assessments (ACT), Archaeological Assessments, Heritage Studies, Plans of Management, Statements of Heritage Impact, Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, Reviews of Environmental Factors, Local Environmental Studies, Greenfield Heritage Studies and Planning Studies,
Studies have been conducted for residential, commercial and industrial developments, major highways, roads and bridge developments, water supply schemes (including major dams and pipelines), sewerage schemes, coal mines, quarries, tunnels, airports and airfields, ports, marinas and boat harbours, tourist and recreation developments, ski field infrastructure, transmission lines and power stations, wind farms, sand dune stabilisation projects and military establishments.
Examples of projects are:
- Enlarged Cotter Dam Project (ACT)
- Murrumbidgee to Googong Water Supply Pipeline Project (ACT & NSW)
- Shellharbour and Campbelltown Local Council Area Heritage Studies
- Sydney Desalinated Water Project - Aboriginal Heritage Component
- Pacific Highway Upgrades and Bypasses including: Karuah, Bulahdelah,
Kempsey to Eungai, Moorlands to Herons Creek, Macksville, Bonville, Wells
Crossing to Iluka, Tintenbar to Ewingsdale and Banora Point
- Princes Highway Upgrades and Bypasses including: Gerringong to Bomaderry, ,
Tomerong, Batemans Bay Mogo to Moruya, Merimbula
- Koondrook-Perricoota Forest Flood Enhancement Works -
Cultural Heritage Assessment & Cultural Heritage Management Plan
- Perisher Blue Ski Slope Plan
- (Sydney) Cross City Tunnel EIS - Aboriginal Heritage Component
- Forests NSW - Harvesting and Associated Road Work Operations
in South Western NSW
- Proposed Multi Purpose Wharf, Commercial Facility and Navy Ammunitioning
Facility, Twofold Bay, NSW. EIS. Cultural Heritage Assessment
- Second Sydney Airport EIS - Aboriginal Heritage Component
- Shannon Creek Dam Inundation Area, South of Grafton. NSW