HAGLUND, Laila B.
Haglund & Associates
RATHDOWNEY QLD 4287
P: 07 5544 1461
M: 0429 636 597
Send Laila B. an email
* Certificate in Conservation, University of London
* Postgraduate Diploma in Prehistory, University of London
* MA, University of Queensland
* Filosofie Doktor, University of Stockholm
Full Member, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc.
Fellow, Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain
Member, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
Member, Australian Archaeological Association Inc.
Member, Australia ICOMOS
This includes some 40 years of conducting and participating in surveys and excavations of prehistoric sites in Australia, the USA and Sweden, and of prehistoric, Roman and medieval sites in Great Britain.
During some 35 years of consulting experience in Sweden, the United States and Australia, I have conducted a variety of investigations and training programs. These include cultural resource management (CRM) studies, environmental impact assessments, the architects brief for an ethnographic museum with attached conservation laboratory and archaeological, anthropological and CRM aspects of training programs for archaeologists, reserve managers and rangers. My clients include heritage organisations, government departments, universities and private enterprise.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Co-author for Act to Provide for the Preservation of Anthropological and Prehistoric Relics, assented to in 1967 by the Queensland Parliament.
- Member of the Advisory Committee to the Minister for Conservation, Marine & Aboriginal Affairs, Queensland, 1967-74.
- Honorary Warden, Department of Community Services (Qld) - (until system disbanded).
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Anthropology, University of Queensland, 1965-70.
- Curator, Anthropology Museum, University of Queensland, 1969.
- Tutor, Department of Anthropology, University of Sydney, 1975, 1977-79.
- Foundation President, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc. (AACAI), 1979-86.
- Member, Executive Committee, AACAI, 1979-2000.
AACAI representative, Council of Heritage Organisations (NSW), 1979-86.
- Member of the Bents Basin SRA Trust, 1981-84.
Visiting Research Fellow, Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies, Canberra, 1987-1988.
HAGLUND, L. 1976 An Archaeological Analysis of the Broadbeach Aboriginal Burial Ground. St Lucia: University of Queensland Press. ISBN 0 7022 0860 4.
HAGLUND, L. 1976 Disposal of the Dead Among Australian Aborigines: Archaeological Data and Interpretation. Institute of Archaeology Theses and Papers in North-European Archaeology 5. Stockholm: University of Stockholm. ISBN 91 7222 170 4.
HAGLUND, L. (ed.) 1984 Checklists and Requirements for Consultants\\\\\\\' Reports. Sydney: AACA Inc. ISBN 09590310 6.
HAGLUND, L. 1984 Archaeological investigations in the area of the proposed Kerrabee Dam, NSW: A case study. In S. Sullivan and S. Bowdler (eds), Site Surveys and Significance Assessment in Australian Archaeology. Canberra: Research School Pacific Studies, Australian National University. ISBN 086784535X.
HAGLUND, L. 1987 Arkeologisk konsult varför inte? Konsultens roll I Australiens arkeologi. In Till Gunborg arkeologiska samtal. Festskrift för Gunborg Janzon. Stockholm. Stockholm Archaeological Reports 33. ISBN 91-630-6053-1