This includes some 40 years of conducting and participating in surveys and excavations of prehistoric sites in Australia, the USA and Sweden, and of prehistoric, Roman and medieval sites in Great Britain.
During some 35 years of consulting experience in Sweden, the United States and Australia, I have conducted a variety of investigations and training programs. These include cultural resource management (CRM) studies, environmental impact assessments, the architects brief for an ethnographic museum with attached conservation laboratory and archaeological, anthropological and CRM aspects of training programs for archaeologists, reserve managers and rangers. My clients include heritage organisations, government departments, universities and private enterprise.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Co-author for Act to Provide for the Preservation of Anthropological and Prehistoric Relics, assented to in 1967 by the Queensland Parliament.
- Member of the Advisory Committee to the Minister for Conservation, Marine & Aboriginal Affairs, Queensland, 1967-74.
- Honorary Warden, Department of Community Services (Qld) - (until system disbanded).
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Anthropology, University of Queensland, 1965-70.
- Curator, Anthropology Museum, University of Queensland, 1969.
- Tutor, Department of Anthropology, University of Sydney, 1975, 1977-79.
- Foundation President, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc. (AACAI), 1979-86.
- Member, Executive Committee, AACAI, 1979-2000.
AACAI representative, Council of Heritage Organisations (NSW), 1979-86.
- Member of the Bents Basin SRA Trust, 1981-84.
Visiting Research Fellow, Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies, Canberra, 1987-1988.